What is so bad about living in the Matrix?
The steak scene sums this up. If we don’t know that we are being tricked in this world, what is so bad about living in this world if we are ignorant of how it was constructed?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Matrix is the cloth over our eyes that makes everything seem alright even though in truth we are being manipulated by a greater being that keeps us in the dark for it's own gain. Once someone has accepted the Matrix as real life, this place has become their comfort zone and even if they know of the world outside the Matrix, They would sometimes rather just stay connected with Matrix then accept the greater picture.
ReplyDeleteWhat is so bad is that our species would rather accept a fate that doesn't promote the evolution of our own thoughts or personalities in any way. The paradox of the Matrix is that you have to accept the matrix to fight it and deny it as the truth to stop it.
Lee, I like what you said about one having to accept the Matrix to fight it and deny it as truth to stop it. The Matrix is almost like a perfect world, to shield the horrible world that really exists.
ReplyDeleteI don't believe that it's bad to accept the Matrix, when one doesn't know that it is not the "real world" and why it exists. To refer to the steak scene, Cypher says that he knows that the steak is part of the Matrix but it doesn't keep him from enjoying the taste and smell. Cypher is voicing the idea that one can know that the Matrix is an illusion, and still want to go back to that comfort zone.
How far out of our comfort zones will we go to accept a truth?
I like your question Kathryn but I think that if we all just stayed in our comfort zones, we as a civilization would cease to progress and evolve. But this brings up these question to me, "Do we need to evolve and progress? Is it essential to surviving?" And "When will we get to a point where we know everything and have no more room to improve?" "Is there even a point?" "Is surviving just breathing, eating, sleeping or is there more to surviving than just the basics?"
ReplyDeleteSo besides that, I feel like living in the Matrix is bad because it is not the truth. And I feel like I personally would want to know the truth, because being lied to is just not fun. And honestly if the matrix was actually our world, then I would be really excited to do all the cool stuff Neo does.
I think whats really bad about living in the Matrix is that its a lie. I feel it like living in a dream. Fine sometimes but in the end you want to wake up. Now if you didnt know that the Matrix was not really then would it be bad to live there? I feel like its bad, i know that i an suppose to think that it is bad, but is not thinking its bad just because I feel that I am suppose very similar to living in the Matrix?
ReplyDeleteI know that I think its bad, but does that feeling come from the society that I was raised in or....what? We come up with our out looks on life through our parents and the environments we live in so are we not also going along blindly with the society or Matrix?
What is so bad about living in the martix is that it makes us question what is truth and what is false. I feel this would lead to mistrust between eveyone and, sort of like what Camille said, put progrsssion and advancing at a sort of stand still since no one knows what is true or false and don't want to "continue" until they know.
ReplyDeleteLiving in the matrix, isn't really even living. If you can't live in the truth, I feel you're not alive. I feel there's something about truth that puts meaning into life. Without truth, life may very well not exist.